• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Installation of discontinued carpet.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rolsin01

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I recently purchased a house under new construction about eight months ago. One of the upgrades I purchased was a Berber carpet. I picked the carpet to be the same throughout the entire house. When picking the carpet I went with I was unaware that the particular carpet was discontinued, even though the Carpet company knew this when I picked it out and the Home builder knew it before it was installed.

Now the carpet had to be replaced twice for defects in the carpet and the carpet they replaced it with did not quite match in color or match in pattern which is noticeable at the seems of the original carpet installed. The problem I now have is that the carpet needs to be replaced again and since the carpet is discontinued I am no longer able to replace it with the same model/style. The carpet company agreed to replace all of the upstairs and the stairway with a different model, but not the downstairs.

Should I have been notified before it was installed that the model was to be discontinued and should the Carpet company/Home builder replace the whole house at no cost to me?

R

rolsin01

Thank you for the quick reply.

Since the carpet company/builder will not replace all of the carpet. What should my next step be?

HomeGuru

rolsin01 said:
Thank you for the quick reply.

Since the carpet company/builder will not replace all of the carpet. What should my next step be?
*A: hire a construction defect litigation attorney that hates builders and carpet companies.

R

rolsin01

I looked around in Illinois and there are no construction defect litigation attorney's that I could find. Any other specialty that I could look for?

HomeGuru

rolsin01 said:
I looked around in Illinois and there are no construction defect litigation attorney's that I could find. Any other specialty that I could look for?

**A: then you did not look hard enough. Yellow pages, state Bar Association, state chapter of Association for Trial Lawyers of America.......

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">