• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insufficient homeowners coverage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wedamo

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Illinois
My husband was hurt on a neighbors property, he broke his heel in 6 places and it could be a year before we know how his heel has healed if it will heal at all, I am disabled and still waiting for a decision on my claim, now he is and we have no income at all. The people whose property he was hurt on only have $5000.00 coverage, that wont even cover the Dr. bill, with bills still piling up and many more med. bills to come, what are our options????

K

knotcops

Is that $5000 Medical payments or $5000 liability? You should look into collecting under the liability provision of the policy. See an attorney.

tammy8

Every state has different guidelines.

First off how did your husband's injury occur? If the injury was due to neglect in upkeeping the property, then most likely the liablity portion of the policy will kick in. If not then the med pay portion will probably be all you can claim.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">