• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance/Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

abaga

What is the name of your state? GA

I had an accident Saturday. About an hour before the accident, I paid on my policy. It was due the day before, but I was in my grace period. They told me all was fine.

The adjuster told me I may not be covered as my policy had expired. I told her I was in the grace period. She told me she would have to research it and get back to me. I didn't hear back, so I called my agent. She told me to call my bank to get the time in which the payment was made (I used my debit card). It was made an hour before the accident. I had them fax the paper to my agent showing the time the payment was made. She has forwarded this to the adjuster. She said she has a very good feeling all will be fine, but I am still worried.

Can they deny the claim? As it looks, the other guy will have to pay (both received citations because as the officer said, "Let the judge/ins. co. figure this out. I will just give both of you citations!" He didn't want to do his job). He ran a red arrow. I had a green light. I was going through the intersection and he hit me and then another car. The guy in the other car said he didn't know what color arrow the guy had but he knew he himself had a red light, so he wasn't moving! Even on my side, the lane to turn left had the red arrow, which is the reason I decided to go straight instead of turning. I figured I would go straight and turn at the next intersection. When my car came to a stop, I instinctively looked up at my light and it was green, then within a second or two, turned red. So, I know I had the green light!

I also had a passenger in my car, who the police officer wouldn't even speak with. She spoke with my ins. adj. and told her I had a green light, how many cars were sitting at the red arrow on our side of the road, etc. I hope the judge will talk with her as well.

Any help or information you can provide is greatly appreciated.

abaga

teflon_jones said:
There are no questions in your post..... What information are you looking for? :confused:
Sorry if they weren't clear...can the deny the claim if the payment was made an hour before the accident happened?

I posted this before I heard back, but they have decided to pay the claim. They are going to pay it out and then subrogate the claim with the other party. They feel the other party is the one at fault.

Thank you for taking the time to read my original post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">