• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance agent 1099

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alansi

What is the name of your state? Ca.

As agents we are required to recruit other agents build a team. Thats how we move up in management. As a team leader if we have recruited someone from a resume that a company employee set up and we hire them for our team we have to pay the company a fee of $200. We are independent employee's (1099). The principal of the company decided to move one of the employees from my team to another managers team without discussion. Is this legal number 1 and as I paid $200 for the agent who was coded to my team do I have any recourse?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What "insurance" agency works this way?

In any case, it would depend on your actual agreement with the higher-ups in the pyrami...errr...organization.

alansi

Ins 1099

There is no agreement, it was just instituted this way by the principal. Nothing in the contract states he can do this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">