• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance and Bill Paying question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bombay

I live in Florida and have a problem:

So I went to my dentist to have my wisdom teeth pulled. While at his office his assistant called my ins. co. to find out what they pay for the procedure. My ins. would pay all but $177 of the procedure. I had my wisdom teeth pulled and paid the $177. Then I got a bill for $217 more a month later. To make a long story short what happened was when the assistant called my ins. co. she got the price for impacted wisdom teeth which I did NOT have and my ins. does not pay for anesthesia for regular wisdom tooth removal. Since the Dr's office got me a price for the wrong procedure shouldn't they have to make up the difference? I realize that calling an ins co. isn't a guarantee of benefits but my ins. would have paid for the procedure had I actually had impacted wisdom teeth.

Also, if I do have to pay the difference how little can I pay at a time? I have heard that you only have to make an attempt to pay the bill. Is this true and if so what is an attempt ($1 a month?)?

Thank you in advance.

B

bombay

I am beggining to think you all don't like me. Please help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">