• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance beneficiary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

akitas22

The terms of my divorce in 1998 included that the life insurance policies in effect at the time be paid by the owners - his by my ex and mine to be paid by me. In addition the children were to be named as beneficiaries via trust until 2011. The policy under my name has been paid by my ex for the past 8 years and he has not been changed the beneficiary and still lists himself as my beneficiary. The ins. agent says that I cannot make the change. In addition my ex has borrowed against his policies without my knowledge or the consent of his majority age children (22 and 20). What are my rights and those of my children. Does the agent have to release to me or my children current life insurance audits? And does my ex have to repay those loans prior to 2011?

seniorjudge

akitas22 said:
The terms of my divorce in 1998 included that the life insurance policies in effect at the time be paid by the owners - his by my ex and mine to be paid by me. In addition the children were to be named as beneficiaries via trust until 2011. The policy under my name has been paid by my ex for the past 8 years and he has not been changed the beneficiary and still lists himself as my beneficiary. The ins. agent says that I cannot make the change. In addition my ex has borrowed against his policies without my knowledge or the consent of his majority age children (22 and 20). What are my rights and those of my children. Does the agent have to release to me or my children current life insurance audits? And does my ex have to repay those loans prior to 2011?
If your ex-husband has violated the terms of the judgment in your lawsuit, then you need to file a motion for the court to hold him in contempt.

Q: What are my rights and those of my children.

A: None; you are not the owners of the policy (if I understand your post).

Q: Does the agent have to release to me or my children current life insurance audits?

A: None if you are not the owner.

Q: And does my ex have to repay those loans prior to 2011?

A: Is he allowed to even make those loans under the judgment? Doesn't sound like it to me.

akitas22

Oklahoma.

And does my ex have to repay the amount that he borrowed before the insurance was to have come out of trust in 2011? By the way the insurance was not put into trust as the divorce decree stated.

seniorjudge

akitas22 said:
Oklahoma.

And does my ex have to repay the amount that he borrowed before the insurance was to have come out of trust in 2011? By the way the insurance was not put into trust as the divorce decree stated.
Time for a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">