• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Billing Dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bokaba

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I am involved in a billing dispute with my Kaiser HMO and have a few questions. I do not want to go past the due date at the end of the month, but so far, Kaiser has ignored multiple letters and messages directed to the appropriate departments. My concern is that if I just pay the balance, my bargaining power will go out the window, but I also don't want Kaiser to make a negative credit report, turn me over to collections, or sue me. I have sent a copy of my complaint by certified mail, which was signed for. Any advice here?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You haven't given us much to go on. What is the nature of your dispute? Why do you believe you do not owe the money?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">