• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance cancelation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

christopherA

I live in leander texas, on november 15th 2001 tornados and hight winds and rain hit our area, we were unable to get to our home for a day and a half due to high water and low water crossings, when we finally got through our home was in shambles, the tornado or high winds had moved our Mobilhome, causing some pipes to break and toilets to come unseated making the sewer line backup and flood the inside of the house, the water was trapped underneath the home and insulation, trapping the water 6 to 7 inches inside. I personally bought two large shop vacs in order to save as much as we could but there was to much damage. We put the claim in, the adjuster came out, we later find out she claimed it was due to external flood waters, and we don't have flood coverage, so they denied our claim and now their trying to cancel our policy their reason for cancelation isCOMPANY REQUEST. We don't know what happened exactly but we do know it was not flood waters cause there are several home at the same level we are and we've been there for 12 years. Can they cancel me for those reasons and deny my claim or do I need a lawyer quick.12

ALawyer

Contact the State Insurance Department.

To the extent there was damage due to the tornado or high winds (tearing of the mobile home, etc.) , you are covered and entitled to be paid. To the extent additional damages were due to the resulting flood, you may not be, as this is excluded by policies and you have to buy Flood coverage; if the agent failed to tell you that, s/he may be liale for failing to tell you.

You are entitled to be paid for your covered damages (wind) to date. While the company may be within its rights to cancel the policy for future claims, that does not let it off the hook for incurred claims.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">