• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Claim check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maria.ag

What is the name of your state? Florida

I was rear ended twice last year within a month. Both individuals had the same insurance carrier, both were ticketed. The first driver, did not take fault. So I was in the process or arbitration and my car was damaged when I was rear ended the second time. My own insurance company sent me a check to repair the damages minus the deductible. I never actually deposited that check because I did not want it to appear as a claim under my insurance. All damages were fixed by the second driver's policy because he admitted to fault. Fast forward to today, I received a letter from my insurance telling me the arbitration process was ruled in my favor. They sent me a check for the deductible amount. Would it be fraud to deposit this check? Should I also be asking them to resend me the check that I did not deposit last year? I no longer have this insurance carrier.

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">