• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance claim problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brittney91

What is the name of your state? Alabama
I was in a car accident almost three weeks ago. The other person involved ran a red light and hit me. We were both fine but her insurance company is very difficult to deal with. I’ve sent them a crash report and pictures of my car like they asked and still everytime I call them it’s still under investigation. The last time I spoke with the guy handling my case I asked for a supervisor and he gave me her number. I’ve called her four times with four different voicemails with no response or call back. I’ve even spoken to an online agent and they said that this timeframe was normal. I’ve been renting a car for three weeks now and I’ve spent over $1000. At this point I’m really at a standstill and don’t no what step I should be doing next. I’ve called my job and I’ve taken off for the next two weeks because I honestly cannot afford to $40 a day for a car. Has anyone been in this situation? And how did you handle it?

Brittney91

I have liability and I’ve informed my insurance company when it first started. They told me they would keep the claim on file for now since I was filing with the other insurance company.

PayrollHRGuy

Had you had full coverage I would suggest you get your insurance to try and motivate them.

You might want to contact some accident lawyers in your area for a free consultation. A simple letter from a lawyer might get them in gear.

You need to understand that you likely will not be awarded any money for you lost wages.

Brittney91

Im fine with that. I’m not looking for any money out of them. I just would like for them to do their job and stop taking their time. I started to get the feeling that they were taking their time purposely so I would file with my own insurance company. The crash report shows and states who’s at fault and I sent pictures to whatever virtual appraiser they asked me to. I’ve been compliant and I call and check on my claim everyday. I’m more so frustrated because nobody is telling me the exact reason of why it’s taking so long.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
To be clear, they actually are doing their job. Their client is the one to whom they have a responsibility, not you. Also, to be clear, you are looking for money out of them. They will need to pay to get your car fixed...that's money.

As mentioned above, reach out to some attorneys. Please be aware that you will not be reimbursed for any money you pay for the attorney.

How much will the damage to your car cost to repair?

Brittney91

I’ve sent pictures to a virtual appraiser and I’ve heard nothing in return. My car is still sitting outside of my house. I’m about to go a month into a car accident and I have no estimate, no one has physically came to look at it, I have a crash report where the lady stated she was distracted and ran a red light and hit me (admitting fault) and I’ve called every single day to be told it’s still under investigation. I’ve also been calling a supervisor and leaving a voicemail for a week with no response. I’ve had a local mechanic look at it and honestly it may be totaled. Both airbags came out and the side and front is completely damaged, they’re caves completely in, and my passenger door won’t even open.

PayrollHRGuy

You need to stop calling that supervisor number. Obviously it isn't working for you. Call the original number back and ask for a supervisor THAT IS AVAILABLE NOW.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I’ve sent pictures to a virtual appraiser and I’ve heard nothing in return. My car is still sitting outside of my house. I’m about to go a month into a car accident and I have no estimate, no one has physically came to look at it, I have a crash report where the lady stated she was distracted and ran a red light and hit me (admitting fault) and I’ve called every single day to be told it’s still under investigation. I’ve also been calling a supervisor and leaving a voicemail for a week with no response. I’ve had a local mechanic look at it and honestly it may be totaled. Both airbags came out and the side and front is completely damaged, they’re caves completely in, and my passenger door won’t even open.
You need to get an estimate for repair. Once you have that, then you can make a demand to their insurance company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">