• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

Vic420sel

I live in Illinois and was robbed in November. My engagement ring was stolen. My insurance company wants to give me another diamond they pick out from their jeweler instead of giving my my money and going to my own jeweler and picking out my own ring which is such a personal thing. My ring was listed separately on my policy. Can they do this or do I have the right to insist on my money to buy my own ring? Please help.

JETX

"Can they do this or do I have the right to insist on my money to buy my own ring?"
*** What EXACTLY does your policy say?? And what EXACLTY did they say was their reason for not allowing you to purchase a ring of your choice??

Last edited:
V

Vic420sel

insurance claim

My insurance guy said that they deal with their own jeweler and that they can get wholesale prices. He said that they would get me a ring valued at what my ring is worth, not costing that price. Do I have the option to insist on the money and not going thru their jeweler?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: insurance claim

Vic420sel said:
My insurance guy said that they deal with their own jeweler and that they can get wholesale prices. He said that they would get me a ring valued at what my ring is worth, not costing that price. Do I have the option to insist on the money and not going thru their jeweler?

My response:

Do you want our assistance?

Yes?

Do you recall seeing and reading this question - -

"What EXACTLY does your policy say??"

If you want our help, then answer ALL of our questions, and not just the ones that you pick and choose, like a diamond.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">