• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance claims agents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SharonS.

I live in Michigan and three weeks ago I slipped in someone's driveway and injured my wrist. The insurance claims agent called me and explained that there was medical and general insurance coverage on this person's rental insurance policy. I understand that the medical coverage is to cover medical bills. Is the general coverage for anything more than lost wages? (i.e. pain and suffering?)
My other question is can the phone conversations be taped or listened into by another party without the consent or knowledge of the other party?
Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated.

ALawyer

The general liability coverage protects the property owner/renter from liability claims that include lost wages and pain and suffering and any permanent injury. But what they will pay you depends on how well you can negotiate. Read the section of FreeAdvice.com on slips and falls and then if the damages are serious, get a lawyer involved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">