• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance co to cancel i need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pixie45

What is the name of your state? AL
Ok, this has been a very long 8 months for me and my daughters To make a long story short, I had a small grease fire on my stove(june 18), I filed a fire claim the next day, insurance put me and daughters up in hotel until the home was "liveable"(sept.23). When the adjuster came out to do the estimates, (jun 20) he asked me if i had any water damage....i said none except for where the heat pump has been leaking for a month. HE filed two claims, and made NO mention of anything other than telling me "i'll take care of you <wink>.He did the paperwork, i signed them, he wrote an advance check(for out of pocket) After months of the repairmen, that they hired, not being able to find the materials, and cabinet doors that were just not a GROSS mismatch, I'm still without cabinets, and my new microwave is still in the box on my kitchen floor. Now, after all the frustration of trying to get back into my home with my daughters,and trying to get the repairs done, I get a letter today from the insurance company advising me they are cancelling my insurance for 1..I had two claims,(fire, and water damage) . Had the adjustor or someone with the insurance company TOLD me they would cancel my home insurance,because of having more than just ONE claim, I wouldnt have even agreed to such, and 2. ins. co. stated that the micro above the stove was a fire hazard, and they would know this how?? which it wasnt. I took the adjustors word, and done what the adjustor and insurance co. told me to do at the time, and we have been very inconvenienced by not being able to live at home during that time. I just feel I am being done an injustice in all matters of this claim. Sorry for the long post, it is really more detailed with other discrepancies but Im running out of room, i think :)Any help is greatly appreciated
Pixie

claimlaw

The problem is that you are in AL. The state of Alabama allows insurers to run unchecked. There are no advocates available in your state to help with such matters. In nearly every other state, there are licensed experts on this subject. I am speaking of course about a QUALIFIED Public Adjuster or the rare attorney that specializes in 1st Party Property Claims. These are the only people that can sort this out for you.

I would be willing to give you a few minutes on the telephone if you would like to discuss it briefly. Please have all facts sorted out. Email: claimlaw1@sbcglobaldotnet

Claimlaw

pixie45

re

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply, and yes I agree that its mostly because of where i reside, but there HAS to be laws governing such activities??even in bama :confused: Thank you for the email addy, as I dont have time today, heading to work now, but will be in touch with you soon.
S

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">