• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Code and Filing Claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RegPlus

I purchased home insurance on July 7...
I filed a claim of vandalism on September 2.
Adjusters are taking too long...
and now I got a letter today.... "In accordance with Insurance code, we wish to inform you that we will require the following repairs to be completed in order for us to continue your insurance coverage. Please confirm within 30 days of the above date that the recommended repairs will be completed within a period of time not to exceed 90 days from the date of this letter. If we have not received a reply within 30 days, or if you indicate to us that the repairs will not be completed within 90 days, a cancellation or non-renewal notice will be sent to you in accordance with the policy conditions. Deteriorated asphalt shingles.

Does this letter mean that they won't pay the damages I claimed were vandalized (someone broke the window)?

adjusterjack

Could you clarify the 'Deteriorated asphalt shingles.'?
Any one of the following photos:

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=762&bih=596&ei=y8rVW9v5D4uf0gL5ga-wBA&q=deteriorated+roof+shingles&oq=deteriorated+roof+shingles&gs_l=img.3...1840.8730..8852...0.0..0.335.3052.8j17j0j1......0....1..gws-wiz-img.......0j0i8i30j0i24j0i30.NKWSxNnIyaE

People avoid reroofing their house until the shingles are too far gone to withstand even modest wind. When the shingles get blown off in a storm they expect the insurance company to pay for a new roof. Happens a lot. In this case the inspection for the vandalism claim brought the condition of the roof to light. The insurance company has a right to cancel for an adverse underwriting issue if the insured doesn't comply.

Any one of the following photos:

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=762&bih=596&ei=y8rVW9v5D4uf0gL5ga-wBA&q=deteriorated+roof+shingles&oq=deteriorated+roof+shingles&gs_l=img.3...1840.8730..8852...0.0..0.335.3052.8j17j0j1......0....1..gws-wiz-img.......0j0i8i30j0i24j0i30.NKWSxNnIyaE

People avoid reroofing their house until the shingles are too far gone to withstand even modest wind. When the shingles get blown off in a storm they expect the insurance company to pay for a new roof. Happens a lot. In this case the inspection for the vandalism claim brought the condition of the roof to light. The insurance company has a right to cancel for an adverse underwriting issue if the insured doesn't comply.
Thanks. I was just wondering what relevance roofing shingles had to a broken window.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">