• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance companies and there insured

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rvandcw4ever

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Oregon

Hello, My question is: I was hurt by a lawn chair and I brought my situation to the manufacturers attention.
They referred me to there insurance company and I have been back and forth with them for almost two years.
They are refusing to pay anywheres close to a fair settlement, and beings the statues of limitations is almost up, if I sue the manufacturer, it will be simply because there insurer refuses to pay out a fair settlement.
So, then I ask, when I file a complaint in the District Court, I would name the manufacturer, the retailer, and the insurance company because they are truly the ones that will be responsible for paying the claim at the end, even though they are not directly responsible for the product that injured me.
What would be good reason for me to keep the insurer named in the lawsuit even though they are only responsible for the paying of the claim and not the product its self?

RvandCw4ever

Bigfoot

Are you attempting to represent yourself as opposed to hiring a personal injury attorney? It sounds like they are blowing you off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">