• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Companies Strike AGAIN!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

alimc36

I have an important question. I have had a problem w/my homeowners insurance. I recently switched from Grange Insurance to AMEX insurance for my home and car. I did the transfer with no problem in July. Then in September I get a letter saying my homeowners will cxl on 10/21 due to lack of underwriting information, so I call the agent, and she explained that I was scheduled for a home inspection, I adv her that no one had contacted me about an inspection. The agent told me to call back in 1 week if no one called, which I did and the following week also-finally 3 weeks later an inspector called and set up an appointment for the following week (at his convenience). After the inspection finished I called the agent gave her his name and number to adv inspection was done. Then on October 24th I get another letter saying my insurance was cxld on October 21st at 1201am, I called the agent back and asked what was going on, she said the underwriter cxld my insurance due to the inspection that my house had 30% nob and tube wiring, never did they give me a chance to update or even tell me what was wrong, I asked the agent what to do? The agent told me to find another company! I got mad, called back another agent told me the same thing-finally we contacted the Ohio Attorney General's office regarding the problem. Suddenly the Insurance company is saying that the reason it was cancelled was because the inspection arrived after the notice was sent and my policy is current and had no lapse in coverage-COMPLETELY different story then what they told me. After speaking w/a supervisor it is the insurances policy to have a full inspection for any house over 25years old-this was never told to me. When I signed up I advised them my house was built in 1904! I want to know if I have any legal recourse with this company because I feel they have misrepresented themselves to me. HELP!

A

alimc36

WE WERE TOLD ON 10/24 PER AMERICAN EXPRESS INSURANCE THAT OUR COVERAGE WAS CXLD AS OF 10/21 AT 1201AM-BUT AFTER WE PERSUED THE MATTER WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE THEY HAVE SAID THAT THERE WAS NO LAPSE AND THAT OUR POLICY IS CURRENT. THAT IS WHAT THEY TOLD THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF OHIO IN A LETTER BUT IT IS CONTRADICTING WHAT THEY TOLD US. ACCORDING TO AMEX NOW OUR POLICY IS OK-BEFORE IT WAS CXLD BECAUSE WE DIDN'T PASS THEIR INSPECTION AND I AM AFRAID THAT WHEN OUR RENEWAL IS UP THEY WILL CXL US FOR NO REASON AGAIN!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">