• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Company Benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AmandaS

I am a person on medical disability from my job since 10/00 due to a broken leg. I was casted for 12 weeks. I have been in rehab since 1/12/01 and have exhausted my 60 day benefit period while only having had 14 rehab sessions due to doctors orders. I am still in a brace, cannot drive, leave the house without assistance or without crutches, cannot bend my knee, cannot return to work. I have filed an appeal for extension of benefits which could take from 5-30 days. In the meantime, I am getting no rehab and quite possibly will suffer a setback before, and if and when I am approved again. I'm in that situation where what the patient needs, what the doctor wants does not matter. My life is in the hands of an insurance company. I have been advised to get an attorney by my physician, but I don't know where to start. I will lose my job over this as they do not have to hold it past 4/1/01, and I will not be ready to return to work at that time. I need help. I need an Erin Brokovich!! I live in Pennsylvania.

[Edited by AmandaS on 03-09-2001 at 11:51 PM]

T

TusEsq

First, the insurance company is not keeping you from getting rehab, it's just not paying for it, yet. Get the rehab by explaining the situation to the facility and that you'll pay later -- over time, even if the insurance company does not pay.

And Erin was not a lawyer. You need a lawyer. Your doctor told you, now I am. Often a ;etter from a lawyer will do the trick!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">