• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Company Did Not Inform Us Correctly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lindaMike

Last summer in Minnesota our Travel Trailer was damaged by a hail storm. The insurance company told us that it was totaled. We had 2 choices, 1 we receive full value of the camper (9500.00) and they take the trailer, or #2 we receive half the value 4750.00 and keep the trailer. I asked at least 3 times to 2 different adjusters if we take half the money would we still be insurable and I was told that we would still be insured but we couldn't have another hail damage claim. I understood that and made the decision to take half the money and keep the trailer. And for a year after that continued paying the premiums. A year later we added a porch to the trailer and called to have that covered as well and we were told we have no insurance on the trailer since it was totaled, after asking how can that be after being told we would still have insurance and we've been paying the premiums for the past year our insurance agent told me that we would be reimbursed for the year of premiums (which we were). So now we are sitting with a trailer with no insurance. My question is if we would have been informed correctly that we would have No insurance at all we would have possibly made a different choice. What can we do? I feel like we were misinformed or mislead into believing something that is untrue. And if they only paid us half of what it is worth can't we insure it for the other half? Thanks Linda and Mike, Minnesota

ALawyer

Quite frankly, I don't see what your beef is.

You had a choice and made it. It is doubtful you would have made another choice. You got your premuim back.

Try another insurance company and see if they would insure it. If the company is Foremost, they may be the biggest but are not the only insurance company that insures mobile homes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">