• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance company files bankruptcy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sandra lahaie

i live in arkansas employed and covered by insurance. went to doctor, bill $600. 3 mo later my insurance has not paid bill and has claimed bankruptcy and is in receivorship. doctor is threatening to turn bill over to collection agency. what do i do?

ALawyer

There is an Aransas Life and Health Insurance Guarantee Fund that SHOULD eventually protect you and pay the claim. BUT the doctor will say I want the payment NOW and I renedered service to you not the insurance company.

You may have to pay the doctor and when he is eventually reimbursed by the Fund he can credit you.

ONE POINT: The doctors generally agree to take a VERY REDUCED fee from the insurance company. For example, if their "normal fee" is $600 they may have agreed to accept only $250-400 for the exact procedure on plan members. That's all you should have to pay the doctor now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">