• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance company is ruining my bank account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

magi376

I have direct withdrawl with my insurance company. Two times they have taken out the incorrect amount this last time they took out twice as much and my bank account was overdrawn. Can I get them to pay the penalty the bank charged me?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

magi376 said:
I have direct withdrawl with my insurance company. Two times they have taken out the incorrect amount this last time they took out twice as much and my bank account was overdrawn. Can I get them to pay the penalty the bank charged me?
My response:

Assuming the correctness and accuracy of your post; e.g., that the insurance company made a mistake, and did not have the authorization to withdraw more half the amount they have taken at one time, then yes - - write them a Certified Return Receipt demand letter and send copies of your proof. Also demand that they write a letter to your bank explaining their mistake.

However, I would immediately withdraw your approval for "direct withdrawal" from you account. This is what can, and does, happen when a person relinquishes control over a part of their life. When you allow another person into your accounts, do you really believe they will handle themselves as you would if you were the one writing the checks?

Never do this again. You be the one who maintains control - - not someone else.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">