• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance company won't pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

twonaught7

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

After I moved to another state, my realtor failed to watch my house as she promised. The valve on the icemaker broke and the house flooded. The insurance company won't pay the claim because they say they added an addendum (I never received one, though) that makes the accident a recurring incident (over two weeks,they say).
I can't sell the house like it is. I can't afford to fix it. I can't get equity to buy another house. I'm still paying this awful insurance company because the escrow I pay is designated to them. The mortgage company won't help me, either.
Help, please!!

JETX

Help with what?? You didn't even provide your mailing address so that I could send my kids lunch money to you.

T

twonaught7

Duh

Help with cutting my toenails, of course!
I have a house that is ruined and an insurance company that won't pay my legitimate claim even though they continue to accept my premiums.

What would you THINK I would need help with?

T

twonaught7

Look -
I'm sorry I bothered you intelectual jerks. I will unsubscribe and never bother you again.

stephenk

you need to contact an attorney ASAP. The insurance company is giving you a line of BS. The flooding is from one event not a recurring event.

you should also file a written complaint with your state's department of insurance.

JETX

twonaught7 said:
Help with cutting my toenails, of course!
Great idea!! There are some really sick people out there that will pay for your toenail clippings!!! You are definitely on your way to solving your problem. Keep coming up with additional sales ideas.... there is a guy on the newsgroups who is offering to pay for womens panties.....

I have a house that is ruined and an insurance company that won't pay my legitimate claim even though they continue to accept my premiums.
What would you THINK I would need help with?[/QUOTE]
Lots of things.... you could be asking for donations. You could be asking for volunteer labor to help sweep/vacuum the water out. You could even be asking for someone to design an indoor swimming pool.
After all, this IS a legal advice forum. Don't you think it would have been logical to ask at least ONE legal question????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">