• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance company's attorney manipulated me - unethical or legal malpractice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiousv

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

In personal injury claim - lawyer withdrew from our case because he did not want to try the case.

So than I started talking with insurance company's lawyer. I always talked with him through email so everything is in writing.

He wanted to settle the claim but we could not agree on settlement amount particularly they did not offer anything for loss of consortium claim for my spouse.(legally separated)

So to motivate/manipulate me he said lets settle only your claim and we will make an offer for loss of consortium separately (because we are legally separated)

so after I settled my claim he said oh sorry loss of consortium claim value was already included in your settlement amount.

Now I feel cheated and misrepresented that earlier he said they will make an offer for loss of consortium separately.

What can I or we do against this ? I strongly believe its unethical to manipulate someone like this.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

In personal injury claim - lawyer withdrew from our case because he did not want to try the case.

So than I started talking with insurance company's lawyer. I always talked with him through email so everything is in writing.

He wanted to settle the claim but we could not agree on settlement amount particularly they did not offer anything for loss of consortium claim for my spouse.(legally separated)

So to motivate/manipulate me he said lets settle only your claim and we will make an offer for loss of consortium separately (because we are legally separated)

so after I settled my claim he said oh sorry loss of consortium claim value was already included in your settlement amount.

Now I feel cheated and misrepresented that earlier he said they will make an offer for loss of consortium separately.

What can I or we do against this ? I strongly believe its unethical to manipulate someone like this.
curiousv, this is the fourth thread you have started on this same legal matter. Please add these questions to your existing thread in the Auto section of the forum. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">