• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance complications on stolen vehicle !!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Badkarma

My wifes car was stolen in Florida,We had insurance and a GAP policy on the vehicle. The problem we are having is when the auto insurance was renewed instead of the required coverage for a fiananced car which my wife requested,Only state required was placed on the car. Several Months afterwards the vehicle was stolen and recovered and declared a total loss. The auto insurance company is refusing to pay because of the coverage and so is the Gap insurance company.
What I would like to know, Is the bank required to notify,place proper insurance or both on the vehicle if it does not have what is required per the finance agreement.
We have reached a point were the Bank is persuing legal recourse. And we are not sure what to do.
Thank you for your help.

[Edited by Badkarma on 01-27-2001 at 11:10 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">