• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance coverage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mrslide

i am driving a car which is registered and insured by someone else. i carry insurance for my own cars. what are our respective liabilities in the event i am in an accident? i live in nevada.

D

Donna32669

Insurance Coverage

Read YOUR auto policy, more than likely it will exclude a vehicle that is used by you on a regular basis. You don't state why you drive this other vehicle which is important. If you use it frequently I suggest you contact your insurance agent and purchase "non owned liability" as an endorsement (sometimes called Driver Other Car coverage) to fill this gap. Should an accident occur both the owner and you as the driver could be held liable, and of course you can both be sued regardless. Hope this helps...you just need to check with your agent, that way you won't need to make a post here after the fact!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">