• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance deposit/breach of contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lety

What is the name of your state? texas
we bought an insurance for our airfreight truck when we went to make first payment we were told our insurance had gone up alot, we would like to keep searching for other offers this one is too expensive what can we do, they do not want to return our deposit?

ALawyer

If you did not buy the policy,or have any coverage, the broker should refund the "deposit". Contact the State Insurance Department.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Lety said:
What is the name of your state? texas
we bought an insurance for our airfreight truck when we went to make first payment we were told our insurance had gone up alot, we would like to keep searching for other offers this one is too expensive what can we do, they do not want to return our deposit?

My response:

What was the date you paid your deposit and received a "binder" of coverage?

What was the date you attempted to make your first payment?

IAAL

L

Lety

My response:

Response:

We purchased the insurance on Nov. of 2003 and we tried to make our first payment on Jan. of 2004.

Lety:confused:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Lety said:
My response:

Response:

We purchased the insurance on Nov. of 2003 and we tried to make our first payment on Jan. of 2004.

Lety:confused:

My response:

Then, there should be no confusion. I'm sure your agent said to you, that while he can't continue to insure you, the reason you're not getting your deposit back is because you were, nonetheless, insured by the company for 2 months!

IAAL

L

Lety

I am sorry the date was from nov. 25,03 to Dec. 25,04.

No, they did not at all informed us of this, and if this was so, I think that 600.00 a month for coverage is outrageous. First of all we purchased this insurance because they offered us a fair price when the time came for us to go pay our first payment we were told our price had gone up. I do not at all understand how can they change a price which was given already, therefor the reason why we bought the insurance in the first place.

I would like to know how can we be sure the price of something already established will change when ever they feel like?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Lety said:
I am sorry the date was from nov. 25,03 to Dec. 25,04.

No, they did not at all informed us of this, and if this was so, I think that 600.00 a month for coverage is outrageous. First of all we purchased this insurance because they offered us a fair price when the time came for us to go pay our first payment we were told our price had gone up. I do not at all understand how can they change a price which was given already, therefor the reason why we bought the insurance in the first place.

I would like to know how can we be sure the price of something already established will change when ever they feel like?

My response:

Okay, one month.

Now, tell me, word-for-word, and as best as you can recall BOTH sides of the conversation, what was said by each of you with regard to these issues. Identify who is saying what to whom.

IAAL

L

Lety

Okay.

When we went to make our first payment, we took a friend of ours with us, he was asking for an insurance similar to the one we have. When the lady took a look at the policy she discovered they had made a mistake in the price for the weight of our truck, therefore had to raise the price of our insurance. We adviced them we did not agree with this since my husband had purchased the insurance because of the price they gave him. They said they were very sorry but there was nothing they could do the person who open the insurence for us had made a mistake. We declined to pay the new amount because in was much more than we expected we offered to pay for the month of the coverage which they provided, and asked for the remainding monies , so we may purchase another insurance that met our pockets. They simply said they could not, we told them we would cunsult an attorney, and they said it was fine they would be waiting for him.

:(

JETX

Actually, it isn't terribly uncommon for a insurance 'quote' to change once it is purchased. One reason could be that your quote was based on specific facts as understood by (or told to) the agent, only to find that they are different when writing the policy. For example, your quote may have been based on a no ticket, no claim assumption or statement only to find out the 'truth' after the policy is issued. Another would be in providing coverage for a specific vehicle and equipment, then finding out that the vehicle is different or with/without alarm, etc.

Presumably, the insurance company has all the facts as to why your premium is now different than the quote. So, what EXACTLY did they give for the reason?? I am sure it wasn't just "insurance had gone up alot".

L

Lety

Exact reason: the quote given to us by the agent was wrong because she made a mistake writting down the price, the price is not correct it does not cover a truck with the amount of net weight as our truck.

JETX

Then that is a simple error and the insurance company or agent cannot be held accountable for it. Errors happen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">