• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rvl70

What is the name of your state? California
I have been driving as a volunteer for a camp and have been covered under their insurance while driving off the camp. I turned 70 this year and have been told by the insurance company that they will no longer cover me.. Is this age discrimination,and how can I legally fight it?

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

It would be helpful if you quoted the entire letter from the insurance company, if you have it.

You need to call the California Insurance Commission in Sacramento. Tell them your facts, just as you've done here, and ask if there has been a Regulation passed to allow an insurance company to withdraw your insurability and coverage.

Let me know what the Commission says to you and, if you have the letter, to please write exactly what it says.

IAAL

R

rvl70

Reply to iaal

iaal
Thanks for the kickoff.
I have gone to the AICO and ask for their info their reply was for more info but I recieved a case number and will pursue the situation until I hit a dead end or it is resolved..
Thanks again ....rvl70
Will keep you posted as to any results

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">