• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance flag/cancel my policy.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Juniors_011

What is the name of your state?
California,
Hi, I want to see if I can sue my insurance broker. I asked for a General Liability quote for Pressure Washing he gave me one he told me it was specific for Pressure Washing so I bought the policy, 5 days later I call my insurance to get an endorsement and they tell me that they’re going to flag/cancel my policy because they don’t insure Pressure Washing my broker put me under construction/ stucco
So they gave me a refund but I call my broker to get a refund for he’s fee that he charged me and he doesn’t pick up the phone or reply my emails. Whay can I do?

adjusterjack

Presumably you visited your broker at his office when applied for the policy and paid for it. So you know where his office is. I suggest you go there some morning and talk to him. If that doesn't work, send him a demand letter (on paper) for your money back. If that doesn't work file a complaint with the state insurance department. If that doesn't work sue him in small claims court.

Meantime, find another independent agent and get the proper coverage. This time keep a copy of your application when it gets filled out and make sure you verify that the quotation is for pressure washing before you pay for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">