• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

freewilly

What is the name of your state?north carolina I was told by my step mother that my fately ill dad had no insurance policy other then one burrial policy tor $10.000.After he died i found out that its was a life insurance policy that which i was orignally the benifcary.Some how she managed to pay for his funeral with some of this money by giving the policy to funeral home.Can i request a copy of the policy from insurance company or the funeral home which help here obtain the money.(will they by law have to summit one to me)And if i can prove the paper had been changrd without my dads knowledge will i get the money from the policy,The policy was at funeral home friday sept 16.so time i guess is important/Will calling the police help with returning the money or just get her a slap on the hand and she want have to repay the dept

Insurance-Agent

Is there any money left? Is she willing to give you what's left of the money?

You need to call the insurance company and speak to a service rep. about this. If you really are the beneficiary then you are supposed to get the money. Unless you're under 18, which means you won't get the money until you're 18 or if a guardian/trustee was appointed by your Father, they hang on to the money until you're 18. Hopefully, your Step-Mom isn't the one appointed.

Was a check issued to your step-mom? Was a claim filed? Or did she just give the policy to the funeral home?

You need to find out all the facts first and don't do anything rash. And no, calling the police isn't going to help. You need to call the insurance company customer service line.

Dandy Don

Yes, the insurance company is the place to start to ask for information, but I'm wondering whether they will be willing to release any information about it to her. While asking, you need to ask them if your mom or anyone else submitted a beneficiary designation change form and if so, when was it submitted.

Mother may have asked her husband to change the beneficiary or she may have submitted the form fradulently.

You may want to file a complaint with the North Carolina State Insurance Commissioner to have this investigated on your behalf.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">