• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance frustrations with ex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT

Not sure if anyone can help.

Ex carries insurance on our child. He is ordered to pay 1/2 of all out of pocket expenses, copays etc.....I pay the bills, submit receipts and that is usually the end of it. He never pays.

Past few years I have been claiming our child on income tax since he never reimberses me. Order states he can claim IF current in child support. Since he's not I take the claim and wipe his deobt free every year figurring it essentially comes from his pocket ultimately right?

Now I am suspicious that when I give the receipts to him, he is submitting them to his Benny account and getting that money back into his pocket without forwarding the reimbersement to me. More than anything I am frustrated. Is there any advise how to handle this and is that legal? Could I add a memo to the bill that amount was paid by me? Would that help at all?

dad43

it's possible that he's getting reimbursed for it. when i was in the military, my ex didn't live near a base, so she used a local dr. he would forward bills to tricare, stating that copays were paid, and i'd get a check. BUT my ex was never paying copays, and she was supposed to, not me. not saying this helps, but i am saying it's possible he's pocketing reimbursement checks. i don't know if you can add a memo yourself, but maybe you could get the dr's office add a memo that says something along the lines of "copay paid infull by X to amount of $X with check #X"? they'd help you in a contempt hearing i suppose. and he wouldn't be able to argue that YOU are cashing the checks, b/c if the ins company mails them to him, it's a guarantee he's cashing them himself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">