• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kakooi

I am in Alaska. Can a state judge order one parent to discontinue Medicaid for a child receiving SSI so that the other parent can pay for private insurance for the child? Or is receiving Medicaid when child is on SSI a right of the child that cannot be taken away? I think the state probably can do it, but I am just not sure.

LdiJ

I am in Alaska. Can a state judge order one parent to discontinue Medicaid for a child receiving SSI so that the other parent can pay for private insurance for the child? Or is receiving Medicaid when child is on SSI a right of the child that cannot be taken away? I think the state probably can do it, but I am just not sure.
Generally if a child goes on Medicaid the state will automatically go after the non-custodial parent to see if that parent has any insurance available to them that the child can be placed upon.

kakooi

Generally if a child goes on Medicaid the state will automatically go after the non-custodial parent to see if that parent has any insurance available to them that the child can be placed upon.
They are both low income, but one wants private insurance and the other does not. They both cannot afford the high premiums and out of pocket. The one who does not want private insurance is disabled. I was just wondering if a judge could order Medicaid to be dropped

LdiJ

They are both low income, but one wants private insurance and the other does not. They both cannot afford the high premiums and out of pocket. The one who does not want private insurance is disabled. I was just wondering if a judge could order Medicaid to be dropped
If they are both low income why does one of them want private insurance?

t74

In my area few physicians take Medicaid. That the preferred medical professionals do not tkae Medicaid could be a significant reason to obtain another plan.

LdiJ

Is this about your son who is in therapeutic foster care? Would there be more options for your son if you have private insurance?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">