• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

b2bal

hi, my insurance company have declined my claim because of the misrepresentation due to a particular quesion, the question was are all externaldoors and, if applicable, internal doors leading to common parts, secured by mortice dead locks having 5 or more levers and/or conforms to bs3621?. i answered yes to this question as i beleived common parts to be the main shop area, and the main door into that area was fitted with a 5 lever lock as stated. the rest of the property was form our personal use as we lived on those premises as well. they are saying that the back door should have had a 5 lever lock also even though this door lead into our personal kitchen which was used by the family and no one else. can you please tell me if this can be used to decline my claim, even though they did not define what they meant by common parts. thank you bal

ALawyer

If that was the point of entry, they may have a point, at least as a practical matter.

In any event the language is very unclear and usually the insured has the benefit of the doubt. That does NOT mean you will prevail however. CONSIDER seeig a lawyer who knows the insurance law and bad faith. Or ask the state insurance department.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">