• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance & Neighbors Tree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BackTracker

What is the name of your state? IL
My neighbor has a very old and large tree on there property that over hangs my property. I feel that this tree is a threat to my property and after talking to our insurance company they said that if the tree falls and causes damage to my property it would be concidered an ACT of GOD and any damage would not be covered. The insurance company said for me to right a letter to my neighbor expressing my feelings about the tree and to ask them to remove the tree, and that if any damage is done to my property. because they did not remove the tree that they would be liable for any damages to my property. And to also have the letter notorized and mailed certified return receipt.

I would like to know if this is true, and if so what type of wordage should I use in the Letter.

Thankyou

HomeGuru

BackTracker said:
What is the name of your state? IL
My neighbor has a very old and large tree on there property that over hangs my property. I feel that this tree is a threat to my property and after talking to our insurance company they said that if the tree falls and causes damage to my property it would be concidered an ACT of GOD and any damage would not be covered. The insurance company said for me to right a letter to my neighbor expressing my feelings about the tree and to ask them to remove the tree, and that if any damage is done to my property. because they did not remove the tree that they would be liable for any damages to my property. And to also have the letter notorized and mailed certified return receipt.

I would like to know if this is true, and if so what type of wordage should I use in the Letter.

Thankyou
**A: yes it is true.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">