• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance pay off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



my wife was in a auto accident and it was not her fault. the lady insurance payed my insurance for my car that was totaled and sent us a check for our deductible,I called them about sending us a check for loss of use of our car and they did but the question i have is that the check has typed on it (in full and final settlement arising out of accident occurring on 2/4/01. if payee is not an insured the endorsement of this draft constitutes a full release of all claims against them) this is on the check but under our name is (for loss of use of vehicle)when i asked them about this they said all their checks have that on them.we are not sure if we should cash it or not because my wife has not been released from the doctor yet so they still owe doctor,loss of wages,and pain. what should we do about the check? cash it or send it back?
Larry in Texas



You cash it and will not be able to sue for all or any other items (medicals, etc).

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential