• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance premiums

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? COLORADO

Do I have to have a driver registered to the car/s if the car/s is/are in my name. PArticularly if the driver lives in with me (son/daughter) but over 21 years.


The car does not need to be registered to any driver using you car other than you. Just be sure you let the insurance know that the "other" driver is using you car.

If another driver wrecks your car and insurance does not know the other driver. Some insurance companies will still pay anyway, BUT other companies will not. But this is mostly the case if the fine print on policy says "XXX driver is EXCLUDED". Watch for this one!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential