• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

INSURANCE PROBLEMS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KELLY THOMPSON

I am in the state of Alabama. My ex and I own a house together and he went and got insurance on the house and had it escrowed out of the mortgage. He stopped making payments on the house and let it go into foreclosure and I had to get it out. They left the insurance as is since it was on the same residence. I didn't know my ex had put on the insurance papers and that the house was occupied by a non owner. This was a lie. Then he didn't tell the insurance company that there was more than just him on the mortgage and put the insurance in just his name. Now I have been making the payments since July of 1999 and in November of 2001 someone broke in and stole the tanning bed. They also messed up some stuff and I can't get them to give me the money I spent repairing the house even though I paid for the insurance. My ex also frauded them by the non owner thing and it was wrote up by his friend. I want my money back from the insurance or the claim paid.. How do I stand?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">