• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance question?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

meskate

What is the name of your state? ohio. hello. had a strange thing happen. my son plays roller hockey at a small roller rink here in ohio. well while watching him play sunday night i ended up getting hit in the face with the hockey puck. come to find out i broke my nose and may have some bone chips in my cheek bone and the doctor set me up to have surgery on this monday morning. before they start playing the games they(rink workers) tell every one that there is the chance of the puck comming out off the floor and into the spectator area. and that someone could get hit. they do have a section where you can sit behind this net so you can't get hit but we always sit in the section without the net because you can see the game so much better.(also the puck which i found out the hard way). would the rink be liable for me getting hit? i used to work at a skating rink in illinois and i was always told that you enter a skating rink at your own risk. if you get hurt , you have to deal with it. i don't plan on going after the skating rink for this , but i was just wondering if they are liable or not. thanks, Sheri.

N

Nuke

Sorry you got hit, but I hate to tell you that the rink is definitely NOT liable for your injuries. You knew you were going into a place where small pieces of heavy rubber fly around at high speeds. Generally on tickets to sporting events, there's small print stating that the sport stadium/rink/whatever isn't liable for any injuries if you get hit by a baseball/puck/whatever. The rink may even have a sign up in their lobby saying this. Hope you have good health insurance. Good luck!

M

meskate

thanks Nuke. i did'nt think they would be liable for this. thats fine just thought i'd ask if someone knew or not. luckily i do have good insurance now. thanks again!! Sheri

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">