• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

babykitty

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

My ex got remarried 2 weeks after the divorce was final. He is court ordered to provide insurance on my 2 daughters. The insurance cards I have still have me and my son, from a previous marriage, listed. He has since dropped me and my son and added his wife and step daughter. He refuses to give me a copy of the new insurance cards saying that their ID numbers have not changed. I was told that by the doctor that since there was a change that I need new insurance cards. He has a password on the Aetna account and I can not get a straight answer from them because I'm no longer on the plan. I'm preparing to go back to court due to him not following any of the orders and was wondering if this is something I need to bring up. My question is if he had made a change on the plan and dropped 2 people and added 2 more do I need new insurance cards for them? He has been vicious and cruel about this, no surprse there since I did prove he was a violent man in court. I need information to see what the law says about providing updated insurance information and can not find anything regarding this issue. Please anybody have any info on this situation?
__________________What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

If your daughters are still covered by the same plan, it doesn't matter who else is or is not covered. The insurance information for them is the same.

CourtClerk

The doctor's office should be able to contact Aetna and verify coverage if they have any questions. You have no business accessing his insurance information online.

There is no law regarding updating insurance information.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

My ex got remarried 2 weeks after the divorce was final. He is court ordered to provide insurance on my 2 daughters. The insurance cards I have still have me and my son, from a previous marriage, listed. He has since dropped me and my son and added his wife and step daughter. He refuses to give me a copy of the new insurance cards saying that their ID numbers have not changed. I was told that by the doctor that since there was a change that I need new insurance cards. He has a password on the Aetna account and I can not get a straight answer from them because I'm no longer on the plan. I'm preparing to go back to court due to him not following any of the orders and was wondering if this is something I need to bring up. My question is if he had made a change on the plan and dropped 2 people and added 2 more do I need new insurance cards for them? He has been vicious and cruel about this, no surprse there since I did prove he was a violent man in court. I need information to see what the law says about providing updated insurance information and can not find anything regarding this issue. Please anybody have any info on this situation?
__________________What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I agree with the others, however if you are going to court for other issues anyway there is no reason why you shouldn't also bring this up...particularly since the doctor says that new cards are needed. Odds are the judge will order him to give you new cards.

Its definitely not something that I would take to court by itself, however.

penelope10

Agree with LD.

My ex has a different carrier--BCBS. I would assume that this may be the Doctor's policy of getting a new insurance card each year....I have have the same insurance card for Lil Bit for about 4 years and have had no problem with the Dr's office when the new year rolls around. (Card shows Dad's name only) They call the insurance company and verify that insurance is still in place.

Also I have never had a problem with the carrier verifying whether something will be covered or not. I call them directly, I identify myself as Lil Bit's mother, and they give me the information.

There is a difference about going online to get information and calling direct.....And of course every carrier is different, but I would suggest trying the telephone route, if that is not been an avenue investigated.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">