• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Representative doesn't have authority to release full amount.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

About a week ago I followed up with my attorney because I read that once an amount is agreed upon by both parties that the person suing (me in this case) has to sign something to say I won't sue anymore. However when I spoke with my attorney's assistant a week ago I was told my attorney's already received the check and they were trying to negotiate lowering my medical bills with the hospital, I asked if I had to sign anything and they said not yet. I thought it was strange that the insurance company would issue a check without me 1st signing off on something. I'm happy to know things are moving along so quickly but I'm wondering if my attorney is being 100% truthful.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
About a week ago I followed up with my attorney because I read that once an amount is agreed upon by both parties that the person suing (me in this case) has to sign something to say I won't sue anymore. However when I spoke with my attorney's assistant a week ago I was told my attorney's already received the check and they were trying to negotiate lowering my medical bills with the hospital, I asked if I had to sign anything and they said not yet. I thought it was strange that the insurance company would issue a check without me 1st signing off on something. I'm happy to know things are moving along so quickly but I'm wondering if my attorney is being 100% truthful.
What you read is not necessarily true in every case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">