• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance responsibility

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

denverb

What is the name of your state? minnesota

i don't know if i should ask this question here or if i should go to the family law page...

my current wife provides health insurance for our family plus for my daughter from my first marriage.

my question is this - as the insurance holder is my wife responsible for the unpaid medical bills even though she never signs anything and shouldn't be listed as the guarantor? (who knows what my ex actually does - anything to not pay!)

in the divorce decree it states that unpaid medical is to be split 50/50 between me and my ex. then she went on welfare and now the state is paying for the unpaid medical. so now the decree states that the unpaid expenses issue is reserved as the state is paying for it.

if my ex goes off welfare and in the mean time runs up medical bills before the court readdresses the issue of unpaid medical bills can the hospital go after my wife to pay just because she holds the insurance? i thought i read somewhere the whoever holds the insurance is automatically responsible for unpaid bills. maybe i read wrong or misinterpreted. does anyone know anything about this or do i need to post in the family law section? thanks for all the help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">