• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance went bankrupt/am i responsible for payment of unpaid claims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lonewolf53w

What is the name of your state?louisiana in 2001, my health insurance carrier went belly up...the company went into receivorship and sent letters to all concerned to submit claims for money owed by sept. 2001....about a yr later i started receiving bills for services rendered by a provider dating to 1999...my question is if the provider made an unsucessfup attempt to collect for money owed,, am i responsible, and , if so, should i be responsible for all unpaid claims dating to 1999....

ALawyer

Generally -- but not always -- the patient is responsible to the health care provider for services provided and if the insurer does not pay the patient is still liable. HOWEVER speak to a lawyer and see what YOUR contract provided. And check out the statute of limitations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">