• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Withholdings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lester

I live in Georgia and was recently fired from my job. I had asked for reimbursement of insurance withholdings because I found out that my group policy had been terminated because my employer failed to make the payments. This went on for 9 consecutive weeks. I contacted the insurance company several times during the 9 weeks and every time I was told I still did not have insurance. I asked the insurance company to send me a certificate of coverage showing the dates of coverage. 3 weeks after I was fired I received another certificate of coverage stating that I was covered for time before my firing. The week after I was fired I filed a suit with the Magistrate Court to recover the money that was withheld by my employer. My employer was in financial trouble during this time but does that give them the right to take money out of my check every week for a benefit I did not receive?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">