• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

ghoust

What is the name of your state? CA

Im liable in an injury claim as a result of a car accident. does my homeowner's personal liability which has a 300,000 pay for this if its above and beyond the car insurance?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ghoust said:

Im liable in an injury claim as a result of a car accident. does my homeowner's personal liability which has a 300,000 pay for this if its above and beyond the car insurance?

My response:

Homeowner's insurance doesn't cover for car accidents. I also read you're other post - - you and your Dad are both screwed because you and he didn't have sufficient insurance. So, yes, the man and his daughter can come after both of you - - for all amounts above your policy limits.

In summary, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes - - or your Dad's.

IAAL

tammy8

An umbrella policy is a totally separate policy that does cover liablity (usually a million dollars) over and above your home and auto; HOWEVER you are required to carry higher limits than state minimums in order to qualify for an umbrella.

B

BennyDi

ghoust said:

Your homeowners liability does cover the awarded amount in the case of a lawsuit, if the maximum amount of bodily injury/property damage on your auto insurance is exhausted. Your PUP (Personal Umbrella Policy) should pick up the excess, too. That's what the PUP is for. Excess Liability. Your agent should be able to answer your questions, and if you don't have an agent, your insurance company should be able to answer your questions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">