• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

meki

north carolina

My grandmother bought this car in 1999. she could not afford it so I began making payments on the car. The insurance is in her name and I am listed as a driver, but she is disabled now and cannot drive anymore.My problem is how can I get insurance only in my name if the car is registered in her name and what if she dies while I am paying on this car.What will happen to it?.
The car will be paid off in 2004.

Bigfoot

Is your grandmother willing to sign the car over to you and is your credit in such shape that the finance company will allow you to become the purchaser?

Are you over the age of 25? And, is your driving record in a good shape so that an insurer does not mind insuring you, is your driving record such that the insurer would have to charge you more than what your grandmother is paying?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">