• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

missa482

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvannia

I began work for a company at the end of January of this year and was on a probationary period for the first 3 months, at which time I would be entitled to the company insurance. When I asked my boss about this towards the end of May (3 months later), he said that it was too late to add me for the following month and wrote me a check to pay for my COBRA. Two weeks later, we found out that he had sold the company and the insurance had been canceled due to a dilinquancy on his part. The new owner had us fill out paperwork for insurance immediately, so that we would be covered starting June 1st. After not receiving insurance cards or confirmation of insurance, we were told that the insurance company had never cashed his check and he was looking into it. Excuses were given everytime the subject was brought up until about 2 weeks (approx. July 15th) when we finally received our insurance cards. I was without insurance for a month and a half and my co-workers were with out insurance for 2-1/2 months.

What legal action can we take, if any, against our employer?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The BEST you would get, and it's a long shot if you would get this, would be the cost of the prescriptions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">