• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alcoello

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

In December he was court ordered again to pay for my son's insurance. He was ordered to send me the card within 15 days. He never did. Instead I got a letter from his new wife that I needed to provide all medical records for the last 16 years. I nicely explained to my ex that I am not a medical records clerk, nor do I analyze, maintain or deliver. I did, however, provide every Dr. he has ever had and their mailing address and phone number. I also said I would sign whatever document I needed in order for him to collect the medical records. She sent threaten emails and social media messages . . .the AG's office stepped in and explained the same thing to him.

Its been 6 months and still no card. What can I do to get the insurance? AG's office only keeps sending letters to produce . .to which he ignores. Is there anything I can do to get the insurance from him? Can I file a Contempt? will that put some fire under him? or what would be the proper thing to file.

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm going to venture a guess that you most definitely can, and SHOULD file contempt. If he was ordered to do something, and hasn't, that IS your recourse. Get on it already!

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

In December he was court ordered again to pay for my son's insurance. He was ordered to send me the card within 15 days. He never did. Instead I got a letter from his new wife that I needed to provide all medical records for the last 16 years. I nicely explained to my ex that I am not a medical records clerk, nor do I analyze, maintain or deliver. I did, however, provide every Dr. he has ever had and their mailing address and phone number. I also said I would sign whatever document I needed in order for him to collect the medical records. She sent threaten emails and social media messages . . .the AG's office stepped in and explained the same thing to him.

Its been 6 months and still no card. What can I do to get the insurance? AG's office only keeps sending letters to produce . .to which he ignores. Is there anything I can do to get the insurance from him? Can I file a Contempt? will that put some fire under him? or what would be the proper thing to file.
Since the court order was specific about sending you the card, you should file for contempt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">