• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurer Bad Faith and Do-It-Yourself

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Hopetowin

I am in a weird position.

I am looking at representing myself in what lawyers have called a carrier case.

My insurer, (anonymous), has denied my claim. A claim filled in January 1999. I had a lawyer that had to drop due to medical reasons.

My policy states that I have two years to sue. The two years have come and gone. The next milestone is the statute of limitations for bad faith action and that is up in January 2002 so I am kinda anxious to get going.

First, I need to know if this is the right subject. I clicked it cause it was insurance.

Second, if this is the right thread… can I expect to get some good advice here OTHER THAN get a lawyer?

Thanks

Hope

ALawyer

Why not read a dozen or so other posts to get an idea. And sometimes getting a lawyer is the ONLY smart advice.

S

shirley22

The truth is you might not get any where with out a lawyer You seem brave to try such a thing but I would say don't do it you mess this up your self and then think you might be able to get a lawyer to fix things and sue by then it well be to late.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">