• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurer Bad Faith

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Hopetowin

Washington state law?
What is the Washington Administrative Code (WACs)
Is it law?

I have been told that the WACs arent law but rather an outline of business practices.

Any way...
The WACs contain examples of "bad faith". Of the 14 or so examples of bad faith, I can prove my insurer violated about four of them.

The first violation...
Insurer will provide the appropriate paperwork to the claimant within 20 or 30 days.

We didn't get the paperwork for about five months and only got it after sending the insurer a demand letter.

This bad faith action ultimately set the grounds for the remainder of the claim and it's process.

The insurer had assigned five different adjusters to our claim.
Our claim had three or four different claim numbers.

This was a simple vandalism case where the vandal was arrested, pleaded guilty and sentanced in Federal court.

ALawyer

Did you seek the assistance of the WA State insurance department? They are faorly effective and consumer focused.

Is small claims court an option?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">