• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insuring parents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tweetladybug

me and my husband want to get life insurance on my mom and his dad so we konw that there is enough insurance to cover all medical and other bill can we do this and make ourselves the beneficiaries on the policy. that way our dead beat sibling can take it so we can make sure all the bill are paid

D

don62

You can contact an insurance agent in your area but if you are adults you probably don't have an insurable risk on their lives unless they are supporting you. They could get a policy and name you beneficiaries but it sounds like they are older and may not be able to get any, or cost prohibitive. Besides, you should not be liable for any medical expenses they incur but it would come from their estate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">