• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insuring the bizarre

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

watchdog

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

I am currently attempting to start a vehicle immobilization company. Immobilization is the process of placing a locking device on the wheel of illegally parked vehicles on private property. We have been unsuccessful in finding a general liability policy for any state. Would it be reasonable to approach surplus lines brokers who work specifically in the UK and the US? Considering that wheel clamping or vehicle immobilization is common throughout England. Are underwriters inclined to mimic policies that exist in another country and bring them here? I've discovered that many universities and municipalities immobilize vehicles, yet their insurance companies refuse to work with me? How is this fair? It has also been suggested that I fraudulently start a cover business like towing, security or valet parking. The final option is that I operate without insurance and when the city I'm operating in creates an ordinance about this that I piggyback on their general policy, due to the inexistance of a policy elsewhere.

Jeremy Blankenship
Watch Dog Vehicle Services

rmet4nzkx

Many muni entities who boot cars also have a wide variety of liabilities, with their boots being but a small risk, and often are permissively uninsured or covered by an umbrella policy. If you operate without insurance and without appropriate permits or license you create an even bigger risk unless you enter into contracts with these entities, whether or not you have insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">