• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Interesting new development to the saga

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other words, you didn't attempt to pay.
If she had responded, she would have received her payment. I attempted to make contact to establish how she wanted to receive that's months rent. I guess I could show that I had enough money in my bank account at that time to make the payment, but did not make a separate account to hold the funds, since I did not know to do that at that time.

STEPHAN

It is not her responsibility to communicate with you. Send her a check or money order via certified mail and you are good. Not your problem if she does not cash it.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
had court this morning. Judge did reduce the amount of the original judgment due to the documentation I had. He said I could have been more proactive, but he also did not believe the landlord's behavior was on the up and up.
That's not how a hearing on a motion to set aside works

you all are pretty hilarious, really. Again, are any of you actually attorneys or are you people with just enough knowledge that you think you have all the answsers?

The judge stated he read the motion, he felt the LL was negligent and not completely truthful, said my evidence backed up my statements in the motion, and gave her attorney an opportunity to extend me a settlement offer. the final amount ended up being a deduction of 40% of the original judgment.

quincy

you all are pretty hilarious, really. Again, are any of you actually attorneys or are you people with just enough knowledge that you think you have all the answsers?

The judge stated he read the motion, he felt the LL was negligent and not completely truthful, said my evidence backed up my statements in the motion, and gave her attorney an opportunity to extend me a settlement offer. the final amount ended up being a deduction of 40% of the original judgment.
An attorney from Missouri responded in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">